Launched in 2012, the School is a multi-award winning initiative which represents a common approach to addressing sustainability within our supply chains. With more than 7,000 members, the School provides free practical support in the form of e-learning modules, tailored self-assessment and action plans, sustainability training and networking opportunities.
BriggsAmasco has worked with many of the School’s main contractor partners such as Sir Robert McAlpine, Lend Lease, Carillion, Willmott Dixon and Balfour Beatty.
BriggsAmasco has been a member of the School since its launch in 2012. Their Managing Director attended the very first supplier day in London, at a time when they were starting to look at how to best embed sustainability within the business. They were impressed by the collaborative nature of the School, together with the wide range of resources available, and agreed that the School would provide an ideal framework and starting point for their sustainability journey.
As a result of engaging in the School, BriggAmasco has:
- Appointed a dedicated “Environment and Supply Chain Manager”
- Incorporated sustainability targets into personal objectives
- Taken a proactive partnership approach to encouraging existing suppliers and potential new suppliers to join the School and embrace the sustainability agenda
- Taken a proactive approach to communicating sustainability related issues internally
- ISO14001 – the learning gained from using the school’s tools has helped to retain their ISO14001 accreditation
- Agreed to encourage local supply where feasible, and dedicate resource to creating apprenticeships